[f-nsp] SX-FI424HF not coming online

Chuck Ufarley markentime at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 12:41:59 EDT 2009

Hey everybody--

You guys are always so consistently helpful, I thought I'd try this one
out.

I've got this SX-FI424HF I'm trying to bring up on an FI-SX-4 with an
SX-F112GM-4-PREM management card, and the thing won't even come online
(output below).  I'm wondering if the mgmt card doesn't support the line
card.  Secondly, it doesn't say "HF" anywhere on the blade.  Is there any
way to confirm the HF status from the markings on the outside?  Last
(obviously), does anyone have any insight or advice on the ouput below?

FastIron SuperX Router#M:6 L:0 - ERROR: i2c MUX select failed, MUX address =
74,
 channel = 5, offset = 0, status = -1
stack: 4080 5A15E4 5A4C50 B711D8 B7135C B71700 B86650 54B578 54C690 48B8
Error : System failed to detect all the devices on this module (1,2,1)
Module 1 Init failed
Err: Enabling module 1 Failed
[1]Retrying ..
Error : System failed to detect all the devices on this module (1,2,1)
Module 1 Init failed
Err: Enabling module 1 Failed
[2]Retrying ..
Error : System failed to detect all the devices on this module (1,2,1)
Module 1 Init failed
Err: Enabling module 1 Failed
[3]Retrying ..
Error : System failed to detect all the devices on this module (1,2,1)
Module 1 Init failed
Err: Enabling module 1 Failed
Taking down module 1 ...
Module 1 is now deleted
Powering off the module in slot 1

Thanks in advance, everybody.  Your insight is always appreciated.

--Chuck