[f-nsp] Design/topology question

Drew Weaver drew.weaver at thenap.com
Thu Mar 12 09:13:14 EDT 2009

Hi there,

We are trying to find ways of moving our load balancing services off of our distribution/edge and into the core of the network.

The problem with this obviously is that we do not want to put the load balancers in-line between the border and the core.

We would like to hang the load balancers off of the core.

My question is that if the load balancers are not in-line is there any way to retain the same functionality?

I.e. so that the source-IP addresses don't get swapped for the IP of the load balancer, etc.

thanks,
-Drew