[f-nsp] L2 transport, vlan renumbering and rate limit

Maxime Baudin maxime.baudin at univ-mlv.fr
Tue May 5 04:47:52 EDT 2009

Hello everyone (and sorry for my english :) ),

I'm a new Foundry/Brocade user with a single MLX core and several FLS on
edge side.

Most of my users are connected to the core with static routing, the MLX
do the routing for everyone with our ISP.

Some users wants L2 connections (2 to 4 vlans) with this ISP and no
routing with the MLX.

It's obviously not a problem, but I would like to keep my "independance"
  with the vlan numbers chosen by the ISP AND apply rate-limiting for
each users.

So let's say I have :

ISP connection through MLX port 1/20 with :

- VLAN 400 for the Internet connection with routing for Site A, B and C
- VLAN 800 and 801 for Site D connected on port 1/1
- VLAN 900, 901 and 902 for site E connected on port 1/2
- Every site have a rate-limit policy

How can I :

- terminate vlan 400 on the MLX
- transport vlan 800 801 on port 1/1
- transport vlan 900, 901, 902 on port 1/2

Renumber/encapsulate/"tunnelize" vlans 800,801,900,901,902 ?

I'm looking on the VPLS side with this kind of config :

vlan 400 name "to ISP"
  tagged ethernet 1/20
  router-interface ve 400

interface ve 400
  ip address www.xxx.yyy.zzz/30

router mpls
  vpls-cpu-protection

  vpls SITE_D_1 1
   vlan 800
    tagged ethe 1/20 ethe 1/1

  vpls SITE_D_2 2
   vlan 801
    tagged ethe 1/20 ethe 1/1

  vpls SITE_E_1 3
   vlan 900
    tagged ethe 1/20 ethe 1/2

  vpls SITE_E_2 4
   vlan 901
    tagged ethe 1/20 ethe 1/2

  vpls SITE_E_3 5
   vlan 902
    tagged ethe 1/20 ethe 1/2

I saw that VPLS is not compatible with ACL-based rate-limit.

Is there a workaround for rate-limit ?

Is there a simplier way to do all this ?

Regards,
Maxime
--
Baudin Maxime                     Administrateur  systèmes et réseaux
C.R.I., Université de Marne la Vallée                  01 60 95 74 55