[f-nsp] Foundry SAP/SDR Listen Command

Chris Costa ccosta at cenic.org
Tue May 5 14:03:09 EDT 2009

We're deploying an XMR16000 using 20x1GE LC's.

Currently, this box is single attached to our backbone via an 802.1q
trunk link.  I tried adding a static IGMP join to the loopback
address, but that didn't create multicast state to that address.
Added the IGMP join to another sub-interface which did create
multicast state:

!
vlan 21 name temp-bbone-iconn
  tagged ethe 1/3
  router-interface ve 21
!
vlan 22 name multicast-test
  tagged ethe 1/3
  router-interface ve 22

!
interface ve 22
  port-name multicast-testing
  ip address ....
  ip pim-sparse
  ip igmp static-group 224.2.127.254 ethe 1/3

Thanks