[f-nsp] problem with export map in VRF (MLX/XMR)

Phou-Ngan Vannaxay phou-ngan.vannaxay at aptiwan.com
Mon Sep 14 06:26:12 EDT 2009

Hi all,

I am trying to create an 'export map' in order to set specific RT
values (with a route-map) to export in a VRF with NetIron XMR-8 /
MLX-4 (running 4.0d / 4.0e).
However, when I look at the advertised BGP vpnv4 routes sent to the
neighbors, the display do not show all the prefixes with the expected
RT values, as if the export-map was not taken in account.
Anybody has encountered this problem before ? Anybody using this
feature (successfully) in a running network (with same hardware) ?

Thanks for the help !
Regards,
P.

Here's an extract of the config :

--------------------------------
ip vrf VRF1
  rd 1:1000
  route-target export 1:1000
  route-target import 1:1000
  exit-vrf
!
ip vrf VRF2
  rd 1:2000
  route-target import 1:1000
  route-target import 1:2000
  export map EXPORT_VRF2
  exit-vrf
!
interface loopback 2
  port-name Loopback_VRF1
  ip vrf forwarding VRF1
  ip address 172.16.1.1/32
!
interface loopback 3
  port-name Loopback_VRF2:RT:1000
  ip vrf forwarding VRF2
  ip address 172.16.1.2/32
!
interface loopback 4
  port-name Loopback_VRF2:RT:2000
  ip vrf forwarding VRF2
  ip address 172.16.1.3/32
!
router bgp
  local-as <ASN>
  neighbor <peer1> remote-as <ASN>
  neighbor <peer1> description Peer1
  neighbor <peer1> password <password>
  neighbor <peer1> update-source loopback 1
!
address-family vpnv4 unicast
  neighbor <peer1>  activate
  neighbor <peer1>  send-community extended
  exit-address-family
!
  address-family ipv4 unicast vrf VRF1
  redistribute connected
  exit-address-family
!
  address-family ipv4 unicast vrf VRF2
  redistribute connected
  exit-address-family
!
route-map EXPORT_VRF2 permit 10
  match ip address prefix-list PREFIX_RT1000
  set extcommunity RT  1:1000
route-map EXPORT_VRF2 permit 20
  set extcommunity RT  1:2000

!
ip prefix-list PREFIX_RT1000 description Match_Loopback3
ip prefix-list PREFIX_RT1000 seq 5 permit 172.16.1.2/32

--------------

And below the exported vpnv4 prefixes is missing the 2 prefixes from
loopback 3 and loopback 4 !!

# show ip bgp vpnv4 neighbors <peer1> advertised-routes detail
        There is 1 route advertised to neighbor <peer1>
Status A:AGGREGATE B:BEST b:NOT-INSTALLED-BEST E:EBGP I:IBGP L:LOCAL
1       Prefix: 172.16.1.1/32,  Status: BL,  Age: 5h2m9s
          NEXT_HOP: <loopback1>, Learned from Peer: Local Router
          In-Label: 500006
           LOCAL_PREF: 100,  MED: 0,  ORIGIN: incomplete,  Weight: 32768
          AS_PATH:
             Extended Community: RT 1:1000
             Adj_RIB_out count: 2,  Admin distance 1