[f-nsp] "Log error; index: 72"

Clement Cavadore clement at cavadore.net
Thu Sep 10 18:04:38 EDT 2009

Hi all,

I have a cosmetic problem with a BigIron Jetcore in my network.
The chassis has a J-BxGMR4 and a J-B16GC , running 08.0.01tT53
It periodically indicates me a log error (in my show log or syslog
deported logs):

Sep 10 23:50:53:N:Log error, index: 72
Sep 10 23:50:53:N:Log error, index: 72
Sep 10 23:50:53:N:Log error, index: 72

This has no incidence on the routed traffic, that's why I qualify this
as a "cosmetic problem", but it fills my "show log" buffer, and this is
quite annoying :-)

Here are the logging config:

telnet at router#sh run | i logg
logging host x.y.z.t
logging host a.b.c.d
logging facility local3
logging buffered 1000
logging console

The two logging hosts are reachable from the router.
And I have tried various 8.x images... but no clue :-(

Anybody has encountered that kind of problems ?

Thanks,

--
Clément Cavadore