[f-nsp] Policy based routing question

Joseph Hardeman jwhardeman at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 00:32:14 EST 2010

Hi Everyone,

I have a question about Policy based routing.  I have setup my
access-list and route-map like the examples I have found online and also
tried it with the example in a Manual I have for the Foundry.  On a VLAN
with multiple subnets its not working.  I have all of the subnets
included right now in the access-list I setup and I have set the
next-hop in my route-map, but I can't seem to get it to send that
traffic through the next hop I want too.  It is instead using BGP
routing to send the traffic out for these subnets.

interface ve 200
 ip address a.a.a.a 255.255.255.128
 ip address b.b.b.b 255.255.255.128
 ip address c.c.c.c 255.255.255.0
 ip address d.d.d.d 255.255.255.128
 ip policy route-map test-next-hop

access-list 30 permit a.a.a.a 0.0.0.127
access-list 30 permit c.c.c.c 0.0.0.255
access-list 30 permit b.b.b.b 0.0.0.127
access-list 30 permit d.d.d.d 0.0.0.127
access-list 30 permit e.e.e.e 0.0.0.127

route-map  test-next-hop permit  10
 match ip address  30
 set ip next-hop z.z.z.z

When I apply this route-map to a vlan with a single subnet it works just
fine and is sending the outbound traffic to the next hop I told it to,
just not on the vlan with multiple subnets.  Anyone know why it might be
having this problem?  And how to fix it?

Thanks for any insight or help.

Joe