[f-nsp] OS

Debbie Fligor fligor at illinois.edu
Mon Feb 15 09:55:29 EST 2010

I'll second this caution. we just tried to take one of our backbone MLX-8s from 4.0.1a to 4.1.00 last week.  we spent the week fighting weird routing issues where things would drop off our campus net, and backing it out was a fiasco (complicated due to furlough policies where the two people working with it the most last week couldn't be contacted during off hours after midnight Sunday morning when the back out happened).

we've been pretty happy on 4.0.1a except for multicast problems (PIM and mBGP) for quite some time, both on our campus backbone and the regional network we run between our campus.

I believe there might be a new code release expected later this month but I don't have details.

-----
-debbie
Debbie Fligor, n9dn       Network Engineer, CITES, Univ. of Il
email: fligor at illinois.edu          <http://www.uiuc.edu/ph/www/fligor>
                   "My turn."  -River Tam