[f-nsp] Dual-Mode vlan id

Raoul Bhatia [IPAX] r.bhatia at ipax.at
Sat Jul 31 04:37:43 EDT 2010

On 07/31/2010 02:09 AM, Gary H wrote:
> I'm using Dual-Mode on user interfaces and I didn't assign a vlan id so
> it is using the DEFAULT-VLAN.
>
> I have voice traffic assigned with voice-vlan ##.
>
> My trunk carries the voice traffic but the data get stuck somewhere.
> Does the Dual-Mode need to be assigned a vlan id so that it can be a
> tagged trunk port member because DEFAULT-VLAN no longer has the port
> available once it gets added to the voice vlan as a tagged port.

what we do:

# assign the port to the vlans
vlan 123 name data
tag e 1

vlan 456 name voice
tag e 1

# allow untagged/dual mode for data vlan
int e 1
dual-mode 123

is that what you need?

cheers,
raoul
DI (FH) Raoul Bhatia M.Sc.          email.          r.bhatia at ipax.at
Technischer Leiter

IPAX - Aloy Bhatia Hava OG          web.          http://www.ipax.at
Barawitzkagasse 10/2/2/11           email.            office at ipax.at
1190 Wien                           tel.               +43 1 3670030
FN 277995t HG Wien                  fax.            +43 1 3670030 15