[f-nsp] L4 CAM exhaustion

Fabio Mendes fabio.mendes at bsd.com.br
Tue Jun 1 07:56:48 EDT 2010

Our customer is using BigIron with JetCore modules.

I noticed later that she uses a few ACLs. The problem was that these ACLs
are used in each client VLAN, which caused the high L4 CAM usage issue.

The solution was to resize the CAM, giving more room to L4 entries.

Try to give a look at your L2 and L3 CAM numbers. If their entries are
barely being used, you can safely resize your CAM.

--

CCNA - Cisco Certified Network Associate
CCNP - Cisco Certified Network Professional

"A bird that you set free may be caught again, but a word that escapes your
lips will not return." Jewish Proverb