[f-nsp] RX-BI4XG just reloads in a loop after code upgrade

Chris Marlatt cmarlatt at rxsec.com
Tue Jun 8 15:16:08 EDT 2010

On 06/08/2010 01:31 PM, Brian Stadtmiller wrote:
> We upgraded an RX-8 to the latest firmware and all is fine except one
> module,
>
> A RX-BI4XG just reloads itself in a loop afterwards.  Anyone know a way to
> break it
>
> Out of the loop and make it behave?

I've seen this happen before on modules that don't have sufficient FPGA
firmware version. The Ironware installation will "install" properly but
will cycle in the boot phase. You can get additional details by
rconsoling to the module and viewing the boot process. You may need to
boot the module interactively and load updated FPGA software, this is
especially true to for the XPP section. The release notes should tell
you the minimum version required. It's been awhile since I've needed to
do this for an RX but this held true for an MLX module just the other week.

Regards,

	Chris