[f-nsp] IPv6 BGP peer-group problem

Gerald Krause gk at ax.tc
Wed Jun 23 12:42:55 EDT 2010

Am 23.06.2010 15:24, schrieb Niels Bakker:
> * gk at ax.tc (Gerald Krause) [Wed 23 Jun 2010, 15:22 CEST]:
>> Does anyone ever observed problems regarding XMRs and BGP peer-groups
>> with IPv6 neighbors?
>>
>> In my setup (XMR4k, v4.0.1a) the configured "prefix-filter" and
>> "route-map" in a peer-group won't be used for any IPv6 neighbor within
>> that certain peer-group but other things like "update-source" and
>> "remote-as" work well.

Ooops, I've found (my?) fault: I've forgot to *activate* the peer-group
under "address-family ipv6 unicast". It's not enough to activate the
neighbor itself under "address-family ipv6 unicast". Now it works.

> "show ipv6 bgp neighbor" sometimes lies and says it is applying a filter
> where it's not.  Try clearing the neighbor before unshutting it (and I
> strongly advise enabling "auto-shutdown-new-neighbors").

Thx - this "auto-shutdown-new-neighbors" is really useful! I was not
aware of this command.

--
Gerald