[f-nsp] Serveriron 4G-SSL with vlans and VIPs.

Jimmy Stewpot mailers at oranged.to
Wed Jun 23 21:19:05 EDT 2010

Hi All,

I am currently managing a pair of 4G-SSL's which handle a very busy web service. The load on those web servers has now increased beyond what our back end application servers can handle so we need to start load balancing on the back end too. I have looked at the configuration and was trying to see if its possible to have multiple vlans and segregate the traffic and vips between VLAN's so we have something like this

Internet -> FW -> Load Balancer A (vlan2) -> Web -> FW -> Load Balancer A (vlan3) -> Application Tier -> FW -> DB Tier.

The Application tier has intelligence at the app level that does load balancing and so on which makes that area scale, however the web page runs on rpc over https.. That is what we need to load balance so we can scale out sideways. Now my question is do we need to have the routing/advanced l3 feature set to be able to accommodate this type of requirement on the 4G-SSL?

Regards,

Jimmy Stewpot.