[f-nsp] Serveriron 4G-SSL with vlans and VIPs.

Jared Valentine hidden at xmission.com
Thu Jun 24 02:19:28 EDT 2010

I've configured something similar with switch code before. It was a little convoluted and there wasn't a firewall between the different load balanced layers.

You can use source-nat-ip addresses as the default gateway for the different tiers. They NAT overload out when they initiate Internet-bound traffic

The only problem we ran into was that real servers couldn't access VIPs in other subnets. We fixed that by duplicating some VIPs in different subnets.

Also look at ACL-based source-nat. You might need that tool as well.

Prem code doesn't have this limitation according to TAC. So upgrading might be in the cards for you.

If this isn't clear, send over a network diagram and I will see if I can provide a little more help.

Good luck,

Jared