[f-nsp] Double tagging over VPLS in MLXs

Grady Neely grady.neely at adtran.com
Thu Jun 24 14:42:12 EDT 2010

Hi,

I would like to send many Q-in-Q VLANS across a VPLS instance.  I really do not care what the tags are, I essentially want a transparent service, that preserves the same tags from ingress on the egress ports of the VPLS instance.

What is the best way to do this?

Should I set the tag-type on the VPLS instance to 9100 (the CE traffic is using 8100 for both tags) and set the port to untagged in the VPLS?

Is this how to carry multiple VLANS across implicitly in a MLX?

Does this work for double and single tagged traffic?

What about untagged traffic?

What should the VC mode be set to, raw or tagged?

Thank you!