[f-nsp] Trouble getting GigE link to Cisco

Nuno Vieira - nfsi telecom nuno.vieira at nfsi.pt
Thu Mar 11 17:12:07 EST 2010

did you tried gig-default neg-off on the interface ?

are you really getting light on the fibre ? (can you test if you got loss, orso?)

regards,
--nvieira

----- "George B." <georgeb at gmail.com> wrote:

I am working on a new deployment in Verizon data center in Europe. We have an MLX with LX optics. Our two routers link fine but when we connect the uplinks to Verizon, no link. I have tried everything I know such as rolling xmit/receive, changing negotiation, etc. The config is REALLY simple, just an IP address, route-only on the interface, and no spanning-tree. Links fine between MLX units, will not link to Verizon's cisco.

I recall having this same problem with vendors using Cisco in the past (Level3, Savvis UK) and it took them a while to figure it out but they have always done something that allowed things to work eventually. Anyone have the magic clue I can pass to VZB to make this thing work?