[f-nsp] Trouble getting GigE link to Cisco

Gerald Krause gk at ax.tc
Thu Mar 11 18:25:57 EST 2010

Am 11.03.10 22:15, schrieb George B.:
> I am working on a new deployment in Verizon data center in Europe.  We
> have an MLX with LX optics.  Our two routers link fine but when we
> connect the uplinks to Verizon, no link.  I have tried everything I know
> such as rolling xmit/receive, changing negotiation, etc.  The config is
> REALLY simple, just an IP address, route-only on the interface, and no
> spanning-tree.  Links fine between MLX units, will not link to Verizon's
> cisco.
>
> I recall having this same problem with vendors using Cisco in the past
> (Level3, Savvis UK) and it took them a while to figure it out but they
> have always done something that allowed things to work eventually.
> Anyone have the magic clue I can pass to VZB to make this thing work?

If you have an solution - let me hear. I'am still unable to connect a
new XMR to an old Cat5000/SUP3 with GE-SX. Because I've tried any
combination of interface settings on both the XMR and the Cat5000 side,
I doubt that they ever will see each other (I hadn't this problem with
our oldish Foundry NI800).

--
Gerald