[f-nsp] Support for tag-type on FESX?

Stephen Wilcox steve.wilcox at packetrade.com
Wed Mar 17 16:58:54 EDT 2010

Hi,
 setting up something like below:

<customer tagged port with VLANs>----tagged 0x8100----[FESX]----tagged
0x9100----[FESX] ----tagged 0x8100----<customer tagged port with
VLANs>

note there is no untagged/tagged mismatching so we are not trying to
do qinq with the customer vlans.

The above works for other Foundry platforms just fine, for FESX tho it
seems to put 0x8100 onto the wire in the middle, which, doesn't work.

Does the FESX not support having different ports with different tag-types?

(Of course, the tag-type is per dma, so the ports are allocated to
ensure they are using the different tag-types)

Has anyone tried this or have it working?

I'm also a little concerned that the 'sh tag-type' command doesn't
work. These are all documented as being features.

Cheers
Steve