[f-nsp] unable to add untagged port to vlan

chip chip.gwyn at gmail.com
Tue Mar 30 12:55:06 EDT 2010

It's already setup as tagged in 4 other VLANS:
   Member of 4 L2 VLANs, port is tagged, port state is FORWARDING

In order to have a port be tagged and untagged, under the interface add
'dual-mode <untagged-vlan>'.

That should get you.

--chip

On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 12:47 PM, Joseph Jackson
<jjackson at aninetworks.net>wrote:

> Hello,
>
> On some FESX448's I have I am trying to add a trunk port (eth 9 to 10) to
> vlan 30 untagged.
>
> It is a tagged member of other vlans.  When trying to place them untagged
> into the vlan I get this error message.
>
> SSH at lvretailfesx06(config-vlan-30)#untagged ethernet 9 to 10
> error - port ethe 9 to 10 are not member of default vlan
>

> Been going through the docs but not finding out anything with this error.
>

> Port info
>
> SSH at lvretailfesx06(config-vlan-30)#sh inter eth 9
> GigabitEthernet9 is up, line protocol is up
>  Hardware is GigabitEthernet, address is 0012.f28d.2cc0 (bia
> 0012.f28d.2cc8)
>  Configured speed auto, actual 1Gbit, configured duplex fdx, actual fdx
>  Configured mdi mode AUTO, actual MDI
>  Member of 4 L2 VLANs, port is tagged, port state is FORWARDING
>  BPDU guard is Disabled, ROOT protect is Disabled
>  Link Error Dampening is Disabled
>  STP configured to ON, priority is level0
>  Flow Control is config enabled, oper enabled, negotiation disabled
>  mirror disabled, monitor disabled
>  Member of active trunk ports 9-10, primary port
>  Member of configured trunk ports 9-10, primary port
>  No port name
>  IPG MII 96 bits-time, IPG GMII 96 bits-time
>  IP MTU 1500 bytes, encapsulation ethernet
>  300 second input rate: 56 bits/sec, 0 packets/sec, 0.00% utilization
>  300 second output rate: 4144 bits/sec, 5 packets/sec, 0.00% utilization
>  51148 packets input, 21116705 bytes, 0 no buffer
>  Received 1162 broadcasts, 2259 multicasts, 47727 unicasts
>  0 input errors, 0 CRC, 0 frame, 0 ignored
>  0 runts, 0 giants
>  27329907 packets output, 2754285747 bytes, 0 underruns
>  Transmitted 5554345 broadcasts, 20651264 multicasts, 1124298 unicasts
>  0 output errors, 0 collisions
>

> Thanks!
>
> Joseph

Just my $.02, your mileage may vary,  batteries not included, etc....