[f-nsp] Odd MRP problem

George B. georgeb at gmail.com
Sat Sep 11 15:45:56 EDT 2010

They are all using the same ring ID (ring 2) and this is extremely simple as
the vlan exists only on the units in the ring and the ring ports are the
only members of the vlan.  That number ratio isn't going to mean anything as
I have been running in a stable mode now with one of the units not
configured for MRP for well over 24 hours now.  The topology keeps flapping
if I have all members configured. As long as I leave one unconfigured, it
works just fine.

The equipment involved has been in service without issues for a long time.
We recently added the second metroE and I wanted to run MRP as I have had
good results with it everywhere else I have used it.  Never seen anything
like this before.

George