[f-nsp] Gray Market Foundry

Michienne Dixon mdixon at nkc.org
Fri Sep 24 10:17:18 EDT 2010

Prior to Foundry becoming Brocade, they had a recertification process
for their equipment that was not too painful.  I have not purchased any
used Foundry equipment since that time though. It used to be that if you
were purchasing from a reseller that has a maintenance agreement with
Foundry then they could upgrade the software for you.  I would ask your
reseller.

We have maintenance on our MLX routers and I have a couple of used Big
Irons and 4802s.  Even though I do not have maintenance/support of the
used equipment I still have access to the software and config guides.

-
Michienne Dixon
Network Administrator
liNKCity