[f-nsp] TE for the same VLL peers

Tomasz Szewczyk tomeks at man.poznan.pl
Thu Apr 7 02:31:46 EDT 2011

Hi,

We also requested this feature quite long time ago - just after this functionality became available for VPLS. The disadvantage of using VPLS
is not only cam size (becasue it can be easily adopted) but loops created by/in end user network. Such  loops impacts control plane (even
when cpu protection is enabled).
The disadvantage of using LSP and CoS mapping is that you must use this in entire network - just like QoS policy, because by default it also
puts the traffic in appropriate queue (please note I'm not saying it is something bad :-)

I think before acquisition by Brocade Foundry was more flexible in this field ;-)

Cheers

Tomek