[f-nsp] FESX ARP problem

Randy McAnally rsm at fast-serv.com
Sat Apr 16 12:50:31 EDT 2011

On Sat, 16 Apr 2011 17:49:28 +0200, Andreas Larsen wrote
> I think I have seen this on some older code of the FESX 424 we where running below 4.0. What version are you running ?
>
> // Andreas

4.0.0 ... it ran fine for 3 years until about 2 weeks ago; 1020 days uptime as of now.

I also started noticing MAC's dropping off the arp table long before they expire, and even with static ARP entries traffic still doesn't always pass.  And it seems to be singling out only a couple out of several dozen VE's.  The only thing that stays stable is downing the VE and adding a static route to the VRRP neighbor, I'm about to just pull it and let everything fail over.

I'm guessing CAM corruption, hopefully not faulty hardware.

~Randy