[f-nsp] 3rd party optics

Jorik Jonker Jorik.Jonker at eu.equinix.com
Mon Apr 18 04:16:45 EDT 2011

Hi,

It seems the Brocade products we use (FastIron, BigIron and NetIron) are happy to accept and use third party optics (E1MG-*, XFP-*), but some of the boxes, particulary FastIrons, are a bit picky on reporting DOM. Workaround seems to reprogram the EEPROM, so it lies to the switch about its make and model.

Only troubles I've seen is with E1MG-TX (RJ45 copper) "optics", but it could be that we have seen a bad batch.

Best regards,

Jorik Jonker