[f-nsp] running vpls with multiple vlans on CES2000

Igor Ybema foundry-nsp at ergens.org
Tue Aug 2 14:10:11 EDT 2011

Hi there,

Today I was trying create a VPLS between some CES2000's holding more
than one vlan so that I could transport two vlan's from the same
customer over one vpls:

router mpls
  vpls test 10
  vpls-peer some-ip-address
    vlan 100
      tag e 1/1
    vlan 200
     tag e 1/1

The config would let me do this (instead of with a VLL, which blocks
when you enter more than one vlan).
However, when I connected a normal vlan switch on the e1/1, I noticed
that the mac-addresses from vlan 100 where flooded over vlan 200 and
vice versa.

Is this indeed not possible? Was I just creating a vlan-translation
thing? The document is very unclear about this.
What if I had a MLX/XMR and would do the same with 'vc-mode tagged'
enabled within the vpls? Would that work?

I fixed my problem by creating two VPLS instances each with one vlan.

regards, Igor Ybema