[f-nsp] Bigiron RX4 - IPV6 causing out of nexthop entries

Pieter Taks p.taks at nforce.com
Sat Aug 13 10:24:17 EDT 2011

Hi Wouter,

I did not do such thing. What would you suggest to cam-partition the
next-hop table like? As my concern is why it would need any change to a
higher value. As in general the in use of paths <=8 is approx 40. But
without any reason it jumps to 256 (or perhaps higher when adjusted with
cam-partitioning).

Paths Total Free In-use
1 2816 2805 11
2 512 512 0
4 512 512 0
8 256 0 256

To me it sounds like bug nr #RX 02.7.03 RN, which should be resolved in
2.7.02k. See below.

		Defect ID: DEFECT000323367

			Technical Severity: Medium
or IP Cache entry is cleared.
Symptom: IPnext-hoptablemaybecomefullontherouter.
Probability: High
Feature: IPv4 Forwarding
			Function: Next Hop Table
Reported In Release: RX 02.7.02

			Service Request ID: 265521

Thank you for your reply and thinking with me.

--
Best regards,

Pieter Taks