[f-nsp] Is it just me ...

Fabio Mendes fabio.mendes at bsd.com.br
Fri Feb 4 06:49:01 EST 2011

Totally agree with you guys.

If these gentlemen really want to take over Cisco or Juniper, they a LOT of
work to do in their support area.

Has anybody here had a real big problem and needed help from one of their
TAC "engineers" ?

Damn... it's the worst customer support ever.

On Fri, Feb 4, 2011 at 9:35 AM, Andreas Larsen <andreas at larsen.pl> wrote:

> Same crap for me I haven't been able to login since they changed the site.
> Their site has always been very bad when it comes to tech notes, search
> index etc.
> Both Juniper and Cisco are WAYYYYYYY ahead of them in terms of usability on
> the site.

> // Andreas
>

> On Fri, Feb 4, 2011 at 10:26 AM, Gerald Krause <gk at ax.tc> wrote:
>
>> Am 04.02.2011 01:00, schrieb George B.:
>> > Or is Brocade's support website absolutely the most worthless piece of
>> > junk ever created in the history of the WWW?
>> >
>> > I get logged into this new "My Brocade" crap and can't even locate where
>> > to find software updates, release notes, etc.  I see some links that
>> > look like they SHOULD take me there, but they redirect back to the old
>> > Foundry site and gets redirected back to My Brocade.
>> >
>> > And that is if I wait through the 30-60 seconds it takes the page to
>> > load just to show me that what I am looking for is not there.
>> >
>> > Did Cisco design this site for Brocade?
>> >
>> > Foundry was REALLY easy (even if it was slow),  click "Software", click
>> > your product line, and there you are ... done.
>> >
>> > I have spent a good 45 minutes lost in twisty-turny tunnels on the
>> > Brocade site and I still haven't found what I am looking for (latest 5.1
>> > code and release notes).
>>
>> I had the same issue some weeks before and got this message last week
>> from Brocade after trying to reach the MyBrocade Support:
>>
>> ---8<---
>> Hello Gerald,
>>
>> Sorry for the late reply.  For your question regarding downloads, the
>> latest downloads for all IP products can be found at KP.  Mybrocade has
>> downloads, but not the latest versions.
>>
>> MySupport is in the works of merging all IP docs from KP.
>> ---8<---
>>
>> MyBrodace is still useless for me :-/ (we have only ServerIron and
>> NetIron systems) but the old KP is working.
>>
>> --
>> Gerald

CCNA - Cisco Certified Network Associate
CCNP - Cisco Certified Network Professional

"A bird that you set free may be caught again, but a word that escapes your
lips will not return." Jewish Proverb