[f-nsp] More detailed show proc cpu?

Chris Marlatt cmarlatt at rxsec.com
Mon Feb 21 09:09:14 EST 2011

On 02/21/2011 05:58 AM, David Hubbard wrote:
> We have an old Foundry FESX424 running the premium code and
> it's started dropping packets today.  Further inspection found
> the cpu pretty much hanging solid at 100%, the process being "IP".
> Is there any way to get more detail on what aspect of IP is
> using all the cpu?
>
> None of the interfaces are particularly heavily loaded and its
> setup is very simple; just some static routes, an ACL only on
> management access, etc.
>
> David

#dm raw mode brief
This will set the packet output to a more humanly readable format.
Switch it back to normal to receive additional data.

#dm raw max 20
#dm raw
Raw packet debugging is on now

You packet output will follow. This is going to be everything hitting
the cpu. Unfortunately there really isn't a way to get a more detailed
view of what within the "IP" process is consuming cycles.

You can also use "#dm raw filter" to sift through the packets should
that be necessary.

Regards,

Chris Marlatt