[f-nsp] issues with 8x10G cards for MLXe-16

Jose Madrid jmadrid2 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 10:26:40 EDT 2011

Same issue here.  One day it just stopped passing traffic.  Showed
fine in the CLI, had given no error msg, nothing. Had it replaced, no
issues since.  Was told by Brocade TAC that it was due to defective
PRAM components.

On Sat, Jun 4, 2011 at 11:02 PM, George B. <georgeb at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 4, 2011 at 5:00 PM,  <cparris at eexchange.com> wrote:
>> Guys,
>> We have had many issues with these cards, swapping several times entire
>> inventory of our cards.
>> Are any carriers out there having reliability issues with these cards in a
>> 16-slot chassis?
>
> I have a couple of them in 4-slot chassis and lost one of them
> recently.  It just plain died.  Wouldn't boot, just plain dead.
> Brocade replaced it and haven't had any problems since but I have
> heard others say that there have been some problems with them,
> particularly those from early production runs.  These were some of the
> first shipped, I think, as I bought them only shortly after they were
> available.

It has to start somewhere, it has to start sometime.  What better
place than here? What better time than now?