[f-nsp] issues with 8x10G cards for MLXe-16

George B. georgeb at gmail.com
Sat Jun 4 23:02:00 EDT 2011

On Sat, Jun 4, 2011 at 5:00 PM,  <cparris at eexchange.com> wrote:
> Guys,
> We have had many issues with these cards, swapping several times entire
> inventory of our cards.
> Are any carriers out there having reliability issues with these cards in a
> 16-slot chassis?

I have a couple of them in 4-slot chassis and lost one of them
recently.  It just plain died.  Wouldn't boot, just plain dead.
Brocade replaced it and haven't had any problems since but I have
heard others say that there have been some problems with them,
particularly those from early production runs.  These were some of the
first shipped, I think, as I bought them only shortly after they were
available.