[f-nsp] Fwd: Seeking firmware for Foundry / Brocade FES2402 switch

George B. georgeb at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 23:14:42 EST 2011

On Thu, Mar 3, 2011 at 4:13 AM, <lausgans at gmail.com> wrote:

> Actually, Cisco policy is not greater in this field.
> I don't know how about Extreme Networks, but both Brocade
> and Cisco require contracts to get an access to their
> OS firmware.

To some extent, that is true.  With Cisco you need a support contract to
UPGRADE to a newer version but to get the last update to the installed
version, you generally don't.

If the update involves security fixes, you can usually get the fix for the
version you are currently running without a support contract.

Thing is that there haven't been nearly as many security bugs discovered in
Brocade stuff to date.