[f-nsp] VIPs on multiple subnets

Diederik Schouten dschout at high5.net
Sat Mar 12 03:32:37 EST 2011

Hello,

There's only one routing table and no VRF's or something.

So as far as I know, you can't.

The "ip default-network" feature allows you to specify multiple backup gateways in case the default gw becomes unavailable.

The gateway to the network specified should already be in the routing table and thus the default-network can't be a locally defined network.

See it as:

If default gw becomes unavailable, route traffic towards the gateway normally used to reach network X, where network X = default-network.

Greetings,

   Diederik

Sent from my iPhone