[f-nsp] TE for the same VLL peers

Brad Fleming bdflemin at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 12:42:28 EDT 2011

Hello all,

If you have two VLLs both pointed at the same remote LER is it
possible to force one VLL over an indirect path while allowing the
other to use a direct path? I don't see options to specify an LSP when
provisioning a VLL and TAC informed me that a VLL must be provisioned
to the remote router-ID.

In our environment we have two routers that handle several VLLs. Some
of the VLLs are of a critical nature (voice) while others are much
lower priority (ie: DR data backups). We'd like to allow the voice
traffic to travel a direct (but narrow) path while forcing the DR data
down a long (but wide) path.

Any help, suggestions, or insight would be appreciated and thanks in
advance!

-brad