[f-nsp] BGP question on same AS for two locations

Chen, Qinxue QChen at corp.untd.com
Sun May 15 11:33:29 EDT 2011

Hi all,

I have a question: Can we use the same AS number for two different
locations but not IGP routable? The goal is for DR purpose so that the
two sites can communicate.

The situation can happen when the internal connections between two sites
lose at the same time.

Site A: prefix 10.1.1.0/24 advertised to providers with AS number 11111
Site B: prefix 10.1.2.0/24 advertised to peroviders with AS number 11111

No internal connections between A & B (so no IGP between A&B), we want
communication between 10.1.1.0/24 and 10.1.2.0/24.

Thanks

-Qinxue