[f-nsp] MLX vs. TurboIron and Vyatta

Nick Hilliard nick at foobar.org
Sat Apr 7 11:16:24 EDT 2012

On 7 Apr 2012, at 14:32, Greg Dok <gregdok at gmail.com> wrote:
> Though we understand, Vyatta is pretty stable nowadays and would just work well with next-hop attribute as long as the network don’t change too often.

Vyatta uses quagga as its rib management engine. Not sure about the vyatta branch, but mainline quagga is-is support is flaky.

Turboirons are ok switches but they have very small port buffers. This may or may not be a concern for you.

Which solution is best for you depends on lots of details,  eg your budget, expected traffic rates, support requirements, power and space issues, etc.

Nick