[f-nsp] MLX vs. TurboIron and Vyatta

George B. georgeb at gmail.com
Sat Apr 7 11:31:10 EDT 2012

On the other hand, the TurboIron's are cut through switches, not store
and forward so they shouldn't NEED as large a buffer.  And if you have
enough congestion to cause  packet drop, you want TCP to back off a
little.  They have enough buffer to handle most microburst.
conditions.  Give them plenty of uplink and it shouldn't be a problem.
 I generally use 20 to 40G of uplink capacity depending on the
downlink capability.