[f-nsp] BGP - CER2K and looking glass

Alain Hebert ahebert at pubnix.net
Fri Aug 3 10:01:10 EDT 2012

     Hi,

     We're looking into ways to create Looking Glasses -per- Peers.

         Aka:
             http://peera.lg.<somedomain>.<somegtld> only has routes
from Peer A.
             http://peerb.lg.<somedomain>.<somegtld> only has routes
from Peer B.
             and so on.

     Our issues is that some CER2k are receiving routes from more than 1
peer and we're trying to then re-advertise them into the Looking Glass
servers.
     ( Obviously to protect the router from external access =D )

     Our issues is that route-relection-client (no other option) only
advertise installed routes and no amount of prefix-list or route-map
will advertise route received before being aggregated.

     ( Which is pretty much normal behavior )

     We tried tagging routes as they come in and use "match tag" to no
avail since the installed routes have no tags.

     Any clues are welcome.

     Note: XMR maybe better suited but all we got are CER2K at the moment :(

-----
Alain Hebert                                ahebert at pubnix.net
PubNIX Inc.
50 boul. St-Charles
P.O. Box 26770     Beaconsfield, Quebec     H9W 6G7
Tel: 514-990-5911  http://www.pubnix.net    Fax: 514-990-9443