[f-nsp] BGP - CER2K and looking glass

Greg Hankins ghankins at mindspring.com
Fri Aug 3 11:52:29 EDT 2012

What you are describing could be a challenge to implement for the very
reason you state, BGP is doing what it is supposed to do when it advertises
its best path.

A different, and potentially more useful approach that gives visibility
into each router, is to use a distributed LG approach.  Hurricane Electric
has a very nice IPv4/IPv6 interface that runs on their Brocade routers
around the world.  They would probably even be willing to share code.
You could extend the functionality further to implement the per-peer options.

http://lg.he.net/

The routing software features between the XMR and CER are the same, since
each software image is compiled from a common source tree.  The only
different in the platforms are hardware capacities and hardware features.

Greg
(works for Brocade)

--
Greg Hankins <ghankins at mindspring.com>