[f-nsp] Port-region on MLX and CER/CES

Niels Bakker niels=foundry-nsp at bakker.net
Mon Aug 20 14:08:55 EDT 2012

* greg at dotkom.ch (Greg) [Mon 20 Aug 2012, 19:27 CEST]:
>I am trying to figure out the hardware port-regions on both Brocade
>MLX4 and Brocade NetIron CER/CES. The purpose is to set multiple
>Q-in-Q point-to-point Layer-2 connectivity toward different
>locations, but also use BGP capabilities.
>
>On NI-MLX-1Gx20-SFP will tag-type affect all ports from 1 to 24?
>On CER2024F and CES2024F, will the tag-type also affect all these
>ports? I have not checked if its tag-type statement or another one.

"The Brocade device supports per port tag-type configuration." from
the CES/CER/MLX/XMR/MLXe 5.2.0b configuration guide.  I know this
holds true for 4x10G and 8x10G modules in MLX.

The only limitation that I see at a quick glance on the manual is when
doing Provider (Backbone) Bridging you cannot specify different
tag-types for BVLAN, CVLAN & SVLAN on MLX while you can on CER

	-- Niels.