[f-nsp] MLX8 Errors

Jeroen Wunnink | Atrato IP Networks jeroen.wunnink at atrato-ip.com
Wed Feb 15 04:15:53 EST 2012

Is it a trunk/lag ?

If so, check the status of all ports, see if traffic is somewhat
properly balanced, there's no drops or errors on the interfaces and try
disabling individual ports to see if there may be a faulty optic or port
on the blade involved.

If that doesn't show anything, I suggest opening a case with TAC

On 2/14/12 8:52 PM, Anand Valmiki wrote:

> Hello,
>
> One of my mlx8's which was working fine beginning last night started
> to continuously flap between vrrp-e backup and vrrp-e master states
>
> I am also seeing the below errors ona regular basis. Has anyone
> encountered something similar? Are these errors indicative of a
> management module hardware fault?
>
> P.S. reloading this mlx has not helped
>
> process_keep_alive: cancel timer for slot 2
>
> process_keep_alive: cancel timer for slot 1
>
> WARN: Read LP slot 2 sensor 2 temperature failed
>
> Thank you
>
> -Anand

Jeroen Wunnink
Network Engineer