[f-nsp] Preserving double-tagged traffic on ICX6100

Frank Bulk frnkblk at iname.com
Sat May 5 12:33:30 EDT 2012

Our regional Brocade reseller shared last week Friday during an onsite visit
that he had two other customers with the same issue.  One of them is a
neighboring service provider and contacted me the other day.

Since my initial posting a lot of progress has been made.  Brocade
reproduced the issue without using an ICX stack or LAG and it happens on
both 1G and 10G interfaces.  Issue appears to be tied to broadcast packets.
Defect 400064 has been created to track this issue and a request has been
made to engineering for the fix to be worked into 7.3.0d and 7.4.0a.
Brocade has not completed the fix and there's no specificity in regards to
the release dates of those two new releases.

My testing used 0x8100 for both inner and outer and no aggregated-VLAN.
Nothing special about configuration --
vlan 1048
 tagged ethe 1/3/1 ethe 2/3/1

Traffic goes in and out 1/3/1 and out 2/3/1.  VLAN tag 235 is the inner tag.
Nothing about VLAN 235 is configured on the ICX6100 -- it doesn't need to
be.  Yet VLAN tag 235 is stripped out.

Frank