[f-nsp] VLL, VPLS and the point of configuring LSP's

Matthew Walster matthew at walster.org
Wed May 16 07:58:48 EDT 2012

On 15 May 2012 16:40, Dan Spataro <dspataro at corp.nac.net> wrote:
> Remco,
>
> You can use LSPs configured with strict primary and secondary paths for the VPLS.   This will allow you to control which way the VPLS traffic will flow over your network.  You can also configure your LSP to use fast reroute for fast failover.  Last time I checked you could not tell a VLL to use a defined LSP like you can do with a VPLS.  I think a work around is to map a COS to the LSP and VLL.

There is also the *dirty* way of doing it - create a new loopback
device, and do a new LSP between those two loopbacks, then set the VLL
to that loopback. It will then take the alternative route.

A manual way of steering of VLLs into certain LSPs would certainly be
welcomed from Brocade, however.

Matthew Walster