[f-nsp] Cannot ping VRRP IP when backup active

Steven Raymond sraymond at acedatacenter.com
Mon May 14 15:26:12 EDT 2012

Two routers, MLXe, simple VRRP configuration.  The master has my .1 address, and all works fine,  If I shutdown the VE interface on the master for testing, in a few seconds routing resumes on the VE interface of my backup router.  However, I never can ping the same .1 address while the backup router is active.  Re-enable the master VE interface and I can ping .1 again, and of course the hosts are still happy.

Is that expected behavior?

Thanks

! master
interface ve 205