[f-nsp] SSH from NetIron XMR?

Dan White dwhite at olp.net
Tue Nov 13 17:58:07 EST 2012

On 11/13/12 22:40 +0000, Vinny_Abello at Dell.com wrote:
>Hello,
>
>It's extremely obvious that it's possible to initiate a telnet session
>from a NetIron XMR, but I didn't see a way to do the same for SSH. Is
>there any SSH client functionality at all on this platform? I'm leaning
>towards no, but will happily stand corrected.
>
>I'm currently on Ironware 5.1 if it makes any difference.

Support has been added, but I don't know in which version.

On one of our XMR's running 5.1:

XMR-PTC#ssh ?
   no-show-host-keys   Disable showing the SSH HOST Keys in the running-config
   show-host-keys      Enable showing the SSH HOST Keys in the running-config

And on an XMR running 5.4:

XMR-SOUTH#ssh ?
   ASCII string          Host name
   A.B.C.D               Host IP address
   ipv6                  SSH to IPv6 Node
   no-show-client-keys   Disable showing the SSH Client Keys in the
                         running-config
   no-show-host-keys     Disable showing the SSH HOST Keys in the running-config
   show-client-keys      Enable showing the SSH client Keys in the running-config
   show-host-keys        Enable showing the SSH HOST Keys in the running-config
   vrf                   Virtual Routing and Forwarding instance

--
Dan White