[f-nsp] CER FIB capacity

Greg Hankins ghankins at mindspring.com
Thu Oct 4 00:42:26 EDT 2012

Hi Frank, that is correct: there is no TCAM.  SRAM access speeds are lower
than TCAM, but the tradeoff is that lookups have variable search latency.
What you probably care about most, is that both the MLX and CER can forward
Layer 3 at wire-speed for 64 byte frames regardless of the type of memory
that is used.

You can have a look at a presentation I gave recently if you want more
details on memory architectures (slides 7 and 8):
https://ripe64.ripe.net/presentations/18-ripe-64-router-architecture-challenges.pdf

Greg

--
Greg Hankins <ghankins at mindspring.com>