[f-nsp] CER FIB capacity

Robert Hass robhass at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 18:36:03 EDT 2012

On Wed, Oct 3, 2012 at 6:50 PM, Greg Hankins <ghankins at mindspring.com> wrote:
> Hi Rob, the CER routers use SRAM for the IPv4/v6 FIB instead of CAM, so
> for the CES/CER/CER-RT platforms the scalability is dynamic for all IP
> routes in the FIB (vs the MLX CAM architecture where we have to choose
> fixed partition sizes which can support a maximum number).

So If I decrease system-max for other features like VRF my CER accepts
520k for IPv4 and 128k for IPv6 at one time.

Part of my config:

system-max ip-cache 524288
system-max ip-route 524288
system-max ipv6-cache 131072
system-max ipv6-route 131072
system-max ip-vrf-route 512
system-max ip-vrf 2

Are VRFs also use this SRAM ?

Good idea could be route-map that can filter prefixes injected from
RIB to FIB. As we can do this currently on IOS (6500) and JunOS
platforms. Will this kind of feature will be supported on new NetIron
software release ? Also some feature called sample virtual-aggregation
is welcome :)

Rob