[f-nsp] Help with setting up a Brocade FESX448 - PREM

eric at fusionity.com eric at fusionity.com
Tue Sep 4 23:41:26 EDT 2012

Josh,

I was told that the WAN link needs to be "tagged"? (a bit
backwards from Cisco) or included in a VLAN so we put it into VLAN 2

Should

a) The VLAN access ports be separate from this port? So a vlan
3 for all the other ports?
b) Should we not "tag" the port so that one
is not in a vlan then my access ports are in a vlan?

Thank you in
advance,
Eric

On 2012-09-05 05:48, Josh Farrelly wrote:

> Have you
checked with the provider whether they expect you to tag your frames
toward them, or whether they are expecting them to arrive untagged?

If you're tagging the traffic and they're expecting to it arrive
natively, or vice versa, the frames will (probably) be discarded.

Regards,
> Josh Farrelly
> Infrastructure Architect
> Manukau
Institute of Technology

Date: Wednesday, 5 September 2012 8:08 AM
"foundry-nsp at puck.nether.net [2]" <foundry-nsp at puck.nether.net [3]>

Cc: "billy at fusionity.com [4]" <billy at fusionity.com [5]>
> Subject:
[f-nsp] Help with setting up a Brocade FESX448 - PREM

> Hi,

We're looking to setup a Brocade FESX448 - PREM. We have 2 drops from
our provider and have plugged them into ports 1 and 2. I've created a
vlan 2 and a ve 1 and tagged the ports 1 and 2 to vlan 2 and created
spanning tree. But the ports simply will not ping from the external IP …
any ideas?

> If anyone has a walkthrough / step-by-step of setup,
it'd be much appreciated

> Thank you,
>
> Eric

Links: