[f-nsp] slightly OT question

David Miller dmiller at metheus.org
Tue Dec 10 15:02:50 EST 2013

Apologies for a somewhat OT question.

Is anyone using any brocade equipment as a firewall/load balancer that does adaptive packet filtering?

The two capabilities I’m most interested in are the ability to detect and block an attack, and the ability to check incoming packets for viral signatures.  It seems to me that last one must be quite a hit on performance.

If anyone is using any non-brocade gear for those specific functions, I’d be interested in hearing about those too.

Lastly, any input on real-world functionality of such a device would be welcome.

TIA,

— David