[f-nsp] Configuring Console Speed on MLXe

Nick Hilliard nick at foobar.org
Sat Dec 7 05:38:36 EST 2013

On 07/12/2013 04:03, Wilbur Smith wrote:
> Our devices only run at the standard VTY100 9800 bps; we don't support
> changing this to a lower or higher setting.

I could never figure out why.  Every single rs232 uart produced in the last
20 years has supported up to 115200 bps.  The situations where I typically
end up using the console are initial box installation, certain types of
debugging and OOB network rescue.  In all these situations, 9600 is a drag.

Nick