[f-nsp] ICX 6450 Input errors incrementing wildly until reboot

Drew Weaver drew.weaver at thenap.com
Tue Dec 31 08:19:44 EST 2013

Howdy,

I have an ICX 6450 running 7.4.00bT311.

Last evening interface 1/2/2 began throwing CRC and Input errors.

It was noted that the interface RX was at "high warn" so I padded the RX and replaced the transceiver altogether.

The RX power was only about -000.7600 dBm

At this point the CRC errors stopped incrementing but the Input errors kept incrementing.

I replaced the transceiver 2 or 3 more times and even moved the same transceiver/cable to port 1/2/4 and no matter what I did the Input errors counter (and the performance) didn't improve until I reloaded the switch.

Has anyone ever seen similar behavior with this switch or other Brocade switches and is there a way to avoid it?

Thanks,
-Drew